What you need to know about Cybersecurity when adopting IIoT solutions
According to an article published by Trend Micro: “in 2018, digital extortion will be at the core of most cybercriminals’ business model and will propel them into other schemes that will get their hands on potentially hefty payouts. Vulnerabilities in IoT devices will expand the attack surface as devices get further woven into the fabric of smart environments everywhere.”
Cybersecurity Ventures predicts that cybercrime will cost the world in excess of $6 trillion annually by 2021, up from $3 trillion in 2015. More details about ransomware damage cost predictions for the 5-year period (2017 – 2021) will be revealed in a report that Cybersecurity Ventures intends to publish in 2018.
On one side [bad front], we might expect more complex ransomware attacks; increased threats due to the connected industry; and a severe lack of cyber security skills. However, good trends will continue to create greater security awareness and better solutions. To tap more into that, we addressed Eva Chen, CEO of Trend Micro, a few questions focused on ICS security that we consider every manufacturer should ask himself or his ICS cybersecurity vendor in order to ensure better protection in 2018.
Check our interview to find answers around questions around challenges in adoption Industrial IoT ( such as “scalability, availability & security”) and many others:
- What are some of the biggest business and security challenges as large organizations adopt Industrial Internet of Thing technology?
- What is the difference between a threat, vulnerability, and a risk in the industrial environment?
- What is Trend Micro Security Strategy for Industrial IoT/OT environment?
- Are there any special considerations for securing data in the cloud?
- What measures should be taken to protect industrial organizations from the data security risks associated with vendors and other third parties?
- How are standards and guidelines used by organizations in the implementation of cyber security practices?
- What are the key areas, enterprise customer need to consider when thinking about security in OT environment?