[On demand] Industrial IoT architecture: how to tap into its full potential | SPONSORED
A solid framework for the Industrial Internet of Things is at the heart of a long-term, robust environment for IoT project development in industrial settings. The process implies much more than having multiple industrial IoT devices connected to the internet. A robust infrastructure is a decisive constituent of that process.
Some of the topics covered during this session:
– Connecting Cloud applications to field devices
– Edge devices
This session explores common connectivity patterns for industrial solutions.
Watch on-demand to find the answer to some of these questions:
- What does Edge mean to the panelists in this session
- When starting a project around IIoT and Industry 4.0 where do you Start?
- Roles of IT and OT when developing the Architecture
- What does this look like?
- Who should own what?
- What is the end goal for the architecture and why would the two sides need to be closely aligned?
o Where should the data be processed and why?
o Edge or cloud – compute power vs. latency
o What is the data used for? And are you only Monitoring or using it for Control?
o How easy is it to provision a gateway?
o What should you look for when selecting a gateway?
o HW vs. SW
o Who should be responsible for the network?
o What are the best practices and solutions?
o What’s the right balance when making decisions
This on-demand version is sponsored by MSA Safety