[On-demand Webinar] Transforming Industrial Footprint and Supply Chain Network | SPONSORED
The past five to ten years brought dramatic advances in sophisticated global supply networks. The latest generation of end-to-end supply chains were designed for “pull” rather than “push,” enabling the high efficiencies.
Entire value streams now operate with advanced software and are governed by “control towers,” which continuously optimize the supply-production-distribution flow. The result: significant gains in productivity, quality, resource efficiency, environmental sustainability, health & safety, and customer satisfaction. The application of IIoT, advanced analytics, and machine learning promise to deliver even further gains.
Unfortunately, The COVID-19 pandemic caused an unprecedented economic shut-down. The global economy was put on hold for several months. Now, as much of the world begins the complex process of de-confinement, companies are re-thinking their industrial footprint and supply chain network. The integrated global networks designed for 2019 suddenly seem ill-prepared for the new realities of 2021.
Chief Operating Officers (COOs) now face a new set of constraints:
- The pressure to maintain profitability at lower volumes
- Increasing requirements for local sourcing
- Increasing requirements for agility
- Post-merger integration of supply chains, as industry consolidation drives M&A
- New constraints on free trade and trading conditions
- Acceleration of the Green Agenda, with challenging sustainability targets
In this webinar, the speakers share ideas and experiences on the above topics, outlining the strategic context of industrial footprint transformation. You will hear about case studies and critical lessons Hitachi Vantara has learned in projects, bridging operational excellence principles with digital solution capabilities.
- Greg Kinsey, Industry Executive, Hitachi Vantara
- Gokul Eswaran, Manager, Specialised Services
Moderator: Jonny Williamson, Editor of themanufacturer.com, The Manufacturer