Salim Sheikh, CxO Advisor
Salim is a Trusted CxO Advisor (and Non-Executive Director) typically engaged as an interim CIO / CTO / “Head of Strategy & Architecture” with a reputation for parachuting into organisations and quickly establishing an understanding of business strategy; adjusting people/process/technology priorities to establish portfolio-wide operational plans and oversee successful implementation. He excels at building and coaching/mentoring/training high-performance teams, directing multipe projects, managing 3rd parties and introducing governance through organisation wide policies & controls across multi-site private companies, public sector and government bodies in the UK, Middle East, Asia and Australia.
For the past 18 years, Salim has been responsible for:
- Strategic IT planning to support short/mid/long-term business transformation
- Organisational design and development (including negotiating TUPE arrangements)
- Business Process Re-engineering via workshop facilitation with business and LOB leaders
- Infrastructure and Operations Management (based on ITIL)
- Managing IT & Digital Development/Product Delivery (using Waterfall and Agile methods)
- Data Centre design and refresh (incl. migration to Cloud and Mobility services)
- Supplier and partner management to support outsourcing and rapid growth
- Establishing IT Governance (underpinned by ISO standards)
- Managing IT Budget and P&L
- Supporting HR leaders to develop Centres of Excellence and Talent Management solutions
- Training and Certifying Enterprise & Solutions Architects (based on TOGAF).
Salim is an alumni member of the CIO Academy (Said Business School, Oxford University) and an evangelist with links to global thought leaders who actively influence IT, Cyber Security, Digital transformation and IoT.
Email: email@example.com, Mobile: +44(0)7958.162.740, Skype: uksheikh, Twitter: uksalim, Blog: uksheikh.com, LinkedIn: linked.com/in/uksheikh