Fight Complexity with Flexibility
How Self-service Software can
help Teams Innovate Faster
Virtual Conference sponsored by Crosser Technologies
January 17th, 2019
11:00 AM until 12:00 PM EST
What you'll learn:
Industrial companies around the world are struggling with the complexity of their loT engagements. Technical challenges with huge data volumes, fragmented systems, protocols and sites – and on top of that – challenges with network security setups, legacy systems and multiple data sources and destinations is one part of the equation. The other part is human. When the shop floor engineers, IT staff, developers, maintenance staff and data scientists all are stakeholders, then the need for solutions where all can collaborate become critical.
– What is happening in the market?
– How can edge analytics play a role?
– Lessons learned from Valmet industrial internet initiative.
– In what way can Self-service software increase collaboration & speed of innovation?
In this Virtual Conference, we’ll discuss the need to control the cost and complexity of IIoT, the role of Edge Analytics and how self-service software can help teams innovate faster.
10:00 – 10:05
Lucian Fogoros – Co-Founder, IIoT World
10:05 – 10:20
Industrial IoT Market overview & Insights (What is happening out there?)
Dima Tokar – Co-Founder and Head of Research at MachNation
– The current state of the Industrial IoT market
– Success factors for IoT implementation
– Some key findings from 2018
10:20 – 10:40
Industrial IoT Edge. How Edge Analytics can simplify, optimize and reduce cloud costs for your IIoT projects
Johan Jonzon – Co-Founder and Head of Sales and Marketing, Crosser Technologies
Using real-life use cases, this session will high light some of the areas where an Edge computing Platform can bring both technical and financial value to the IoT project.
– Simplifying – How to simplify both developments, usage and maintenance for when connecting machines to a cloud service.
– Optimizing – How to optimize the data flow to the need for bandwidth, enhance security and prepare the data for further analysis.
– Cost Reduction – How Edge Analytics contributes to the whole architecture for an Factory 4.0 use case.
10:40 – 11:05
Dialogue with Data in Pulp Mills
Tomas Edström – General Manager Industrial Internet Pulp mills, Pulp and Energy Business Lines at Valmet
– How to manage multivariable processes and bring improved performance to all pulp mill processes
– How to eliminate shift to shift variations in all departments from the wood yard to pulp dryer using predictive controls
– How to enable production and quality targets to be met quicker while optimizing energy, chemical and raw material usage for additional savings and environmentally clean operation
11:05 – 11:30
Self Service Software for your IoT Engineers – Learn how non-programmers can design and deploy an IIoT project
Goran Appelquist PhD – CTO and Technical Lead, Crosser Technologies
– Flow Studio – How a self-service, drag’n drop design studio speed up design and deployment of IoT data flows.
– Edge Director – How to orchestrate, overview and maintain large volumes of connected assets within Industrial IoT.
– Example Flow – an example of how Industrial IoT data flow could be designed and deployed within a couple of minutes.
11:30 – 12:00
Greg Orloff – CBDO, IIoT World
Open forum for virtual attendees to ask questions about the need to control the cost and complexity of IIoT, the role of Edge Analytics and how self-service software can help teams innovate faster.
Dima Tokar is a Co-founder and Head of Research at MachNation, the only analyst firm exclusively dedicated to testing and researching Internet of Things (IoT) platforms, middleware, and services. His primary areas of expertise are in technology analysis, product management and product marketing of IoT platforms, software and services. Prior to co-founding MachNation, Dima held positions
Johan has 15 years background working with marketing in all possible type of projects. A true entrepreneurial spirit operating between strategic and hands-on details. He leads marketing efforts for Crosser as well as the product UI design. Johan has worked with web and communication in Sweden and internationally since 1999, focusing on real-time
Tomas Edström has been with Valmet for more than 22 years. Valmet is the leading global developer and supplier of process technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Valmet's strong technology offering includes pulp mills, tissue, board and paper production lines, as well as power plants
Göran Appelquist, currently CTO at Crosser, has 20+ years of experience of different leading positions in high-tech companies. Crosser is a start-up that designs and delivers the industry’s first pure-play real-time software solution for Fog/Edge Computing architectures. Göran has a Ph.D. in physics from Stockholm University where he
An entrepreneurial software engineer with global business leadership experience and a passion for digital transformation. Lucian has worked in the industrial software and automation industry since 1998. He holds a BSEE from Cleveland State University and an MBA in Entrepreneurial Finance from Case Western Reserve University. He has worked in various
Greg previously served as the CEO of Tangent Company, inventor of the Watercycle™, the only commercial residential direct potable reuse system in the country. Greg holds a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Environmental Science and Engineering from The Ohio State University, a Masters of Business Administration in International Business from Case